Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

More on Comics

Of late I've been reading quite a few comics but in graphic novel form. I find it a much easier form to read from and handle. I always feel like I'm going to damage the pamphlet form. Also both Marvel and DC have recently been reprinting tons of great stuff in inexpensive B&W editions known as "Essential ..." and "Showcase ..." respectively. Titles that I've read in the last year or so include Essential Tomb of Dracula vol 1, Essential Howard the Duck vol 1, Essential Dr. Strange vol 1, Classic Conan vol 1 and vol 2, Darkchylde, and also some stuff from Usagi Yojimbo, Dork Tower, and a few more that I can’t remember right now. I've got a stack of 6-7 more Essential books, 2 newly acquired Showcase books, and both volumes of The League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?